Iranian Authorities Lift Temporary Ban on Cryptocurrency Mining
If you regularly read LATOKEN reviews, tutorials, tips, you probably know that we also share crypto news. LATOKEN does this because it cares about its users, crypto traders, and all crypto enthusiasts worldwide. We want to keep everyone informed — it is an essential step if you are trading or even just interested in cryptocurrency. So, today we want to share the latest news about the Iranian authorities, which lifted the temporary ban on cryptocurrency mining.
Licensed digital asset miners will be able to resume operations after a four-month break.
Iranian authorities have allowed licensed miners to resume work, Iran International reported. A temporary ban on the mining of cryptocurrencies in Iran was introduced at the end of May.
The ban was introduced in connection with the peak season of the load on the electrical networks. Several large cities experienced power outages amid rising electricity consumption and droughts that were keeping hydroelectric plants under-operating. Also, in May, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said that about 85% of miners work in the country without a license.
On September 30, it became known that the director of the Tehran Stock Exchange, Ali Sahrai, resigned after an illegal cryptocurrency mining farm was discovered in the basement of the exchange.
- Ranked #2 worldwide in the startup tokens primary market with 220+ IEO’s since 2017.
- Has over 2 mln registered users, over 1 mln Android app installs.
- Is in the TOP 10 of CoinGecko rank by the amount of token pairs and coins listed.
- VCTV, a live streaming panel with high-profile industry leaders, produced over 500 shows to advise traders and investors how to navigate the crypto world with discussions, news updates, and interviews.
- Advisory Board includes former CFOs from JP Morgan and Paypal.
Follow LATOKEN on social media to keep up with the latest news, and more!👇
LATOKEN crypto exchange does not provide any investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. This article is written for informational purposes only. Like other assets, cryptocurrency is subject to market risk. Please do your own research and trade with caution.